Mervyn, Chief of HOTTOH, had his design potentials recognized early since school days, won consecutive design awards and topped his cohort for consecutive years.
What does it take to produce the continually competitive organization? Running a successful design company is not just about being recognized for one’s designs and works. More importantly, it is the ability to structure an efficient and productive team that makes designing for others feel rewarding.
Mervyn was awarded the Most Promising Entrepreneurship Award at the Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards 2011.
Project Bistro cafe, The Quarters, a turnkey collaboration with Architect Dan Wong, is a part of the Red Dot Design district as a must-visit stop that celebrates modern Singapore cuisine and preserving our heritage with a modern interpretation through their food with a fitting decor where old school meets industrial chic.
Hottoh Design clinched 2 awards at the 2018-2019 International Property Awards Asia Pacific.
Having scored the prestigious five-star ratings in the Retail Interior category, Hottoh Design was awarded the highest national award, Best Retail Interior (Singapore).
Hottoh Design was also recognised as the Award Winner for Public Service Interior (Singapore).
Hottoh Design was the Award Winner for Interior Design Apartment (Singapore) in Interior Design category at the 2017-2018 International Property Awards Asia Pacific.
Hottoh Design was honoured with 6 awards at The International Design Awards (IDA) 2016:
- Silver Award Winner for Interior Design – Institutional category
- Silver Award Winner for Home Interior Products – Textiles/Floor Coverings category
- Bronze Award Winner for Home Interior Products category
- 2 Honorable Mention Awards – Renovation category
- Honorable Mention Award – Interior Furniture category
Hottoh Design was awarded the Highly Commended Interior Design Apartment (Singapore) Award for Interior Design category at the 2016-2017 International Property Awards Asia Pacific.
Hottoh Design received 4 awards at The International Design Awards (IDA) 2015:
- Bronze Award Winner for Home Interior Products Design – Windows, Doors category
- Honorable Mention Award – Residential category: Asian Cosmopolitan Penthouse
- Honorable Mention Award – Residential category: Ebony
- Honorable Mention Award – Product Design: Windows, Doors category
Hottoh Design was nominated in The International Design & Architecture Awards 2015 for 2 Categories:
- Asia-Pacific Interior Design Awards: Residential £1- 2.5 Million Category
- Asia-Pacific Interior Design Awards: Living Space Category
Having clients who appreciate your works is definitely a significant motivation but having the international media to be also respecting your views of your trade will be humbly inspirational. In 2014, Mervyn was invited, alongside with lecturer of Temasek Polytechnic, Steven Louie, to share on their views of the trends of office designs.
Mainstream radio too has the craving for the precious inputs of our designer when it comes to interior design.
“Small Space” Channel 8
There is constant challenge to keep up with space saving ideas, especially in city living. From design works of Japan, Taiwan and Singapore, HOTTOH’s works have been selected to be one of the worthy of mention projects in Singapore, alongside other regional elites.
Here it showcases the:
- Versatility in design functions of furniture design
- Space enhancement ideas
- Innovative design ideas